Friday, April 13, 2012

Inspiration

Starting to plant the Vegetable Garden this weekend. I have been making gates to keep the dogs out. All is not completely closed yet, but it will be too late for some plants, if we don't start planting.


Our previous vegetable garden was very small with a washing line (photo left) in the centre.
The line was ideal for my “Supervisor” Louis - the African Grey Parrot

My knowledge of “companion planting” is still very limited, but I have proved to myself that Marigolds will keep Aphids off the Cabbages.
The flowers attracted bees and other insects and looked very pretty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next three photos are of an Inspiring Vegetable Garden featured in House & Garden - July 2009

photographs by Alain Proust




No comments: